Collaborative, creative teacher sought to join our preschool team. Garden Preschool Cooperative, Jersey City, is a nonprofit, parent cooperative serving a mixed-age classroom of children ages 2.9 through 5 years old in a full day 10-month school year program. Our Bank Street philosophy emphasizes creativity, problem-solving skills, and social-emotional development through exploration, play and inquiry-based projects.
We are seeking a positive, energetic, and enthusiastic educator to work collaboratively with other teachers to facilitate learning and development through a play-based curriculum. Teachers are responsible for establishing and maintaining a classroom environment that utilizes theme-based activities, materials, routines, space, and guidance techniques to effectively facilitate physical, social/emotional, and intellectual development of children.
This is an excellent chance to join a friendly, vibrant, and dynamic team environment and experience creative freedom as an educator.
This is a full-time teaching position with the hours of 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday. Position is a 10-month commitment with an opportunity to pick up summer work.
Competitive salary based on education and experience; competitive benefits.
If interested and qualified, please respond with a resume and cover letter explaining your experience and interest in the position to Gardenpreschoolhiring@gmail.com. Candidates being considered will be contacted for an in-person on-site interview and demonstration lesson.
About the position:
· Build good, open communication with children, families, and colleagues
· Create positive learning environments including resources based on child-directed learning
· Responsible for, with other teachers, the implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum to a group of 18 preschool children
· Responsible for, with other teachers and under the supervision of the school’s educational consultant and the school’s Board of Directors, developing a written curriculum
· Perform annual home visits and thrice annual parent-teacher conferences
· Assess and document children’s interactions and play on a daily basis
· Interact with children throughout the day through questioning and responding to their ideas, creations, and drawings
· Assist children with their personal hygiene and clean up of classroom
· Knowledge of child development, Bank Street philosophy, constructivist theories of learning and child-centered, progressive techniques in a play-based setting
· Experience and strong interest in teaching preschool children
· An upbeat, enthusiastic personality and an ability to work collaboratively with others
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team and daily parent volunteers
· Experience or training in developing a written curriculum
· Dedicated, reliable, responsible
· Early Childhood P-3 Certification
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Knowledge of various accommodations and modifications to support students’ socio-emotional growth